We all have a busy schedule, working day and night and living a hectic life that we often forget to take care of ourselves, our hair. You think about following a routine but don’t know what to do or where to start! Let us go ahead and understand why it is important to have a hair care regimen.
Why is hair care routine important?
Following a good hair care routine is just as important as following a good skincare routine because it keeps your hair soft, healthy, and free of infections, greasiness, and other problems. The frequency with which you wash your hair is determined by the type of scalp and hair texture you have.
HAIR TYPE AND THE REGIME
FOR STRAIGHT HAIR
People who have straight hair usually face issues like greasy hair, which gets tangled easily and needs to be taken care of more than other hair types.
How to wash:
- A shampoo that is Sulfate-free and rinses off the grease/dirt from your scalp.
- Wash your hair 2-3 times a week to prevent greasy hair.
- After shampooing, use a light conditioner to close the open pores while shampooing.
- Avoid leave-in conditioners as they can weigh your hair down.
- Apply the conditioner towards the end leaving the roots.
FOR WAVY HAIR
This type of hair falls in between straight and curly and is easy to style. Because wavy hair is drier than straight hair, it doesn’t need to be cleaned as often.
How to wash:
- Massage your hair with warm oil before washing your hair. Wavy hair should be cleaned every three to four days.
- Condition your hair after you wash it. You can even scrunch your hair with a leave-in conditioner to emphasize the waves.
- After you get out of the shower, apply it to your wet hair and bend your hair forward. Scrunch your hair with your hands to add bounce, then let it air dry.
FOR CURLY HAIR
Curly hair brings life to your hair and a sense of playfulness to your personality. It is, however, difficult to sustain and is prone to drying out quickly.
How to wash:
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo to wash your hair. Use your shampoo only on your hair, as that is what needs to be cleansed. Shampoos also tend to strip essential oils and moisture from your hair, making it dry and frizzy if used on the shaft.
- To avoid your hair being too dry, just wash it once a week.
- The conditioner will help keep your hair soft and nourished by applying it every 3-4 days.
- Deep conditioning should be a core component of your hair care routine.
It’s critical to follow a hair care routine tailored to your hair type to keep it nourished, soft, and healthy. This also helps to minimize hair breakage and hair loss. Factors like your lifestyle, how greasy your hair is, and how often you stay out to decide how often you wash your hair.
Regardless of your scalp or hair type, make it a point to massage your hair with oil at least once a week. This aids in the nourishment of your follicles as well as the strengthening of your hair. If you have a scalp condition that necessitates the use of medicated shampoos, stick to the regimen suggested by your doctor.